You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3.5mm jack audio input interference with Mac Studio

I have an issue with my Mac Studio M2 Max. Whenever I try to record audio through my headphones, I get some distinct frequent clicking and cracking sounds on the line. I tried switching the headphones to no luck. I tried using the same headphones with my Macbook Pros (both Intel and M series one) in the same environment but no such sounds were registered. Finally, I tried plugging the headphones into a USB soundcard (I used Creative Soundblaster X G1) with the same Mac Studio, and it also didn't register such noise whatsoever. So I guess it has something to do with Mac.

I'm not sure what to do.

Mac Studio, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 13, 2024 1:12 AM

5 replies

Aug 13, 2024 7:24 AM in response to vanushah

What Keyboard, Mouse, Display and External Drives are connected to the Mac Studio..?

(please list model numbers and the type of connection used for each device)

Any number of those devices and things can cause background audio noise.

Poorly shielded high speed USB keyboard, mouse or drive cable.

A poorly shielded HDMI cable and display.

Bluetooth devices and Wi-Fi.

To find out exactly which one of the things above is causing the audio noise.

You will need to disconnect or turn them off one at a time and test.

3.5mm jack audio input interference with Mac Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.