You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Response to Scenes is Incorrect - Bath, Shower - Light Level

I'm posting this here to see if anyone else is having issues with Siri and HomeKit. Specifically with Siri responding incorrectly to scenes that include the words "bath" or "Shower" that include rooms with light level sensors.

I have a scene called "Bath Time," this scene turns on the light in my bathroom shower stall and plays music.

For some reason Siri reports the room's light level instead of turning the scene on. I've tried using "Bath" instead of "Shower," and I've tried changing the name of the Room the light is in from "Shower" to "Stall," but this hasn't helped. Saying the scene title "Bath Time" returns "The Shower is dark..."

I've had to create a weird scene name "wash by body" 😆 to workaround this issue with Siri.

I've created a feedback assistant ticket with Apple, I'm hoping it finds an employee that isn't quite quitting, and I'm posting this here to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

I know if there is a looming iOS release coming and MAYBE we'll get lucky and they will fix this, but I have doubts given how many HomeKit bugs have lived YEARS without being addressed.

Please "Me Too" this post and I'll update my feedback ticket with Apple.

Posted on Aug 15, 2024 11:17 AM

There are no replies.

Siri Response to Scenes is Incorrect - Bath, Shower - Light Level

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.