You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Temperature Trigger Automation Reliablity Issue

I am posting this issue here to gauge its scale. If you are experiencing similar issues with HomeKit please "Me Too" this post and I'll pass this data on to Apple via the Feedback Ticket I've already created.

I am an advanced HomeKit user. I live in a downtown area in an old building with a Window AC I need to use automation to keep energy bills in check.

For the last 6 months I've successfully created automation that uses a temperature sensor to trigger my AC to turn on and off. It's worked 90% of the time.

after update:

And it's reduced my power bill by 30%

After 17.6 I've found HomeKit has started using my HomePods as Hubs. I have several new and original hompods with two Apple TVs... one in my living room is the more powerful 4K version and prior to this update was the Hub unless it was offline.

Since 17.6 my HomePods are now more likely to become hubs ( I know iOS 18 will allow me to set a preferred hub).

HomePod hubs do not work for me at all. My automations become unstable, Home shortcuts don't work as designed. It's not great.

I've created a feedback assistant ticket in hopes it will find an engaged employee and Apple will resolve this issue for good, but I thought I'd posted this experience here as well to gauge the scale of the problem.

Even if Apple adds "preferred" hub options, if your only option is a HomePod, you may still find your automation doesn't work.

This bug cost me money, and it's incredibly frustrating how these obvious bugs remain unaddressed. I'm hoping your "Me Too" data will help shine a spotlight on these issues and get them resolved quickly.

Posted on Aug 15, 2024 11:28 AM

There are no replies.

HomeKit Temperature Trigger Automation Reliablity Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.