You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

F-Secure scam number

1 800 272 ****

I dialed the above number and did not get the usual recording but then spoke to someone I assumed was the Apple representative. My issue had to do with the iCloud and he suggested I screen share to which I agreed. I gave my consent and also consented to a request that he could control the screen. He said I needed new software named F-Secure, at which time I grew suspicious. I disconnected from him and shut down my MacBook. I then realized I had not called Apple at 1-800-275-2273, but the above incorrect number.

I then called the Apple and the agent said it appeared to be a scam. I had not downloaded anything and she said my computer was fine. I was surprised she did not report the spoofing number but I guess that's the way it is. Bottom line, it was my fault because I misdialed. I hope you do not make the same mistake.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 16, 2024 12:09 PM

4 replies

F-Secure scam number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.