You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I completely restarted my laptop, and now it doesn’t work.

So I decided that I wanted to completely redo one of my old laptop, so I opened it and selected the ‘erase all content’ button, and now it’s asking me to ‘select a wifi network from the menu or attach a network cable to proceed.’ But there’s no options, and I don’t have a network cable.

Posted on Aug 17, 2024 1:25 AM

1 reply

Aug 17, 2024 1:34 AM in response to Zoeoeoeoeo

Zoeoeoeoeo Said:

"I completely restarted my laptop, and now it doesn’t work.: So I decided that I wanted to completely redo one of my old laptop, so I opened it and selected the ‘erase all content’ button, and now it’s asking me to ‘select a wifi network from the menu or attach a network cable to proceed.’ But there’s no options, and I don’t have a network cable."

-------

Installing Over the Web:

A. Seeing WiFi:

Is there a WiFi icon in the top-right corner of your screen? If so, use that link.

B. Try Internet Recovery Mode:

If you have an Intel-based Mac, use Internet Recovery Mode: Hold Down: option+command+R upon boot

C. Try Ethernet:

If you cannot use WiFi, then see if you can use Ethernet:

I completely restarted my laptop, and now it doesn’t work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.