You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Macbook gets slow while playing video games?

Hey, I am a professional gamer and often play video games on my Macbook during my free time. But I have been facing an issue for a few days, whenever I open the game on my Macbook, it not only gets heavier but hotter too. Can you please suggest some tips to improve the battery of the Macbook?

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on Aug 18, 2024 5:21 AM

1 reply

Aug 19, 2024 6:44 AM in response to alexaperry271

Gaming is one of the most resource-intensive tasks for any computer. Games will function best if the MacBook is connected to a power adapter, but there's nothing wrong with using battery power either.

Bear in mind the MacBook is primarily designed to be a very light, portable machine best suited for commensurately light duty tasks. As you know professional gamers tend to favor high end, power-hungry towers with ultrafast dedicated GPUs along with a commensurately high price tag. A MacBook isn't any of that.

As far as improving battery life in general, I suggest reading Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple. It's very cursory, but suffice it to say serious gaming apps are going to result in serious power consumption.

Why Macbook gets slow while playing video games?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.