You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini M2, problem with external display (reopened)

Apple forum close my previous question, but I feel to need share my knowledge about this problem.

First of all, there is nothing wrong with the Mac mini.

1) First step, If you have problem with resolution of your screen (blurry text, dark spaces, white blinking stripes etc.) check the cable or buy better one. Certificated with HDMI 2.0 + normal length (0,2 - 1 m)

2) If the problem still occurred, choose different monitor to test it or buy a new one (I know, nobody want a spend extra money, but in this case is it necessary. For example I buy this one piece and it is working fine -> 32" LG UHD 32UN650-W

3) Use 2560x1440p or 1920x1080p. Other resolution do not make sense.

I hope I help you with your struggle and I am looking forward to your possible comments!

Mac mini, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 19, 2024 11:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2024 11:33 AM

Good work Niantes and thanks for sharing.

In most cases the Display manufactures factory supplied HDMI cables, are cheap and do not meet the standards for the latest Mac mini's.

If you had not found a short high speed HDMI cable that fixed the problem. I would have recommend getting a short USB-C to DisplayPort 1.4 8K cable for that LG Display and for Wide Screen Displays that have DisplayPort input.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2024 11:33 AM in response to Niantes

Good work Niantes and thanks for sharing.

In most cases the Display manufactures factory supplied HDMI cables, are cheap and do not meet the standards for the latest Mac mini's.

If you had not found a short high speed HDMI cable that fixed the problem. I would have recommend getting a short USB-C to DisplayPort 1.4 8K cable for that LG Display and for Wide Screen Displays that have DisplayPort input.

Mac mini M2, problem with external display (reopened)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.