You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Syncing apple music with homepod mini

Hi

I have some issues with syncing apple music with my homepod mini. For example, when I ask Siri to play a certain album, it says OK, says the name of the album but then just plays what seems like the first song in alphabetical order.

If I ask for a specific song on that album, Siri has no problem playing it

I’ve already tried several solutions like restarting and unplugging the homepod, signing out of my Apple ID, etc

Would appreciate an advice

Thanks

Posted on Aug 20, 2024 11:46 PM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2024 2:54 PM in response to Lochmarne_

Have you tried creating any playlists in your Apple Music? I have several that I switch between.

I say

“Hey Siri play ‘my’ list and shuffle”.

Substitute the name of your list where I used ‘my’. Sometimes it’s tricky to use a name that Siri doesn’t confuse with something else.

Notice I said ‘and shuffle’. If you don’t, then Siri will play in order which will get boring after a while.

Also I recommend that you setup your HomePods to recognize only the ‘Hey Siri’ command. The factory default is to recognize’Siri’ or ‘Hey Siri’.

A lot of times the HomePods will start playing on their own, because they think they heard ‘Siri’. A lot of people have posted about this problem.

HomePod Mini Solution To

Plays On Its Own

This solution stops the HomePod mini from playing on its own.  It does work.  I have not had my HomePod mini’s start by themselves since I made this change about 7 months ago. 

Go into HomePod mini settings 

Go down to ‘Listen for Hey Siri’

Go into ‘Listen for Hey Siri’

You will see 2 options 

Option 1   “Siri” or “Hey “Siri”

Option 2   “Hey Siri”

Choose option 2  “Hey Siri”

Exit out of settings 

Syncing apple music with homepod mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.