You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying, unsuccessfully, to use Mac mini m2 with apple Cinema Display

Hello, I read Johnb-one’s response to someone else trying to hook up a Mac mini pro to an apple Cinema Display and was hoping it would help me, but so far it hasn’t. I just got a Mac mini m2, but it’s not a pro, like the person he was responding to, and my apple Cinema Display is a 20” monitor with a hydra cable in the back with 4 plugs, 3 that went into the back of my old Mac Pro tower and 1 that went into the back of a small white box that says it’s a Cinema Display 65w power adapter. I’ve been looking for that adapter he recommends, HDMI to DisplayPort Adapter, but I can’t seem to find any that look exactly like what he showed, but since my Mac mini isn’t a pro, I don’t really know if it would work anyway. Can anyone give me a clue as to what I should do to get my Mac mini hooked up to the display? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 22, 2024 10:45 AM

1 reply

Trying, unsuccessfully, to use Mac mini m2 with apple Cinema Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.