You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Assistive Access (AA) Lock Screen

I set up my father's 12 mini running iOS 17.6.1 with AA. I was able to get just about everything set up that he needed (Vision is very limited), but the lock screen is missing the DATE...Time is there. dont see anywhere to add the time. Can anyone help?

Am I missing something?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Aug 23, 2024 3:19 PM

3 replies

Aug 30, 2024 9:02 PM in response to myrwon

Hi myrwon,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Assistive Access (AA) Lock Screen"

Apple Support's online article: Change Assistive Access settings on iPhone - Apple Support

says:

"After you set up Assistive Access on iPhone, you can change settings for apps that you added and customize other system settings as needed. You change most Assistive Access settings in the Settings app when Assistive Access isn’t active, although some settings can be changed in Assistive Access".

Re: "the lock screen is missing the DATE...Time is there".

Wondering if the usual default setting has been changed.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Seems the date and time automatically show on the lock screen if the network supports that, and the settings in place allow that:

Apple support's online article: Change the date and time on iPhone - Apple Support

says:

1. Go to Settings  > General > Date & Time.
  2. Turn on any of the following:
  • Set Automatically: iPhone gets the correct time over the network and updates it for the time zone. you’re in. Some networks don’t support network time, so in some countries or regions, iPhone may not be able to automatically determine the local time.
  • 24-Hour Time: (not available in all countries or regions) iPhone displays the hours from 0 to 23.

To change the default date and time, turn off Set Automatically, then change the date and time displayed.

Tip: To change the font color and style of the clock on the Lock Screen, see Create a custom iPhone Lock Screen.

All the best :-)

Sep 20, 2024 4:32 PM in response to myrwon

Thank you kindly for your reply. Mmmm ... AA does use a simplified user interface.

Also: Understand certain differences in Assistive Access on iPhone - Apple Support

does say:

"some features work differently in Assistive Access"

Re: I've updated to iOS 18 and the Date is still not an option in AA on the lockscreen. when I exit AA, the date is on the lockscreen.

Thanks for the info, and for checking that: Some features are only available when you exit AA. If you want you could check with the experts :

How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support

or

Apple's Accessibility Support Website (info. / support / contact etc.)

(NB: You can "Get Support" from the link at the bottom of their website:)

Accessibility Support - Official Apple Support

Resource: If you haven't seen it yet : Assistive Access User Guide - Apple Support

Re: "hope apple adds the date to the lockscreen...Soon!"

It's helpful people like you who may contribute valuable info. to improve accessibility features. ie: To provide feedback about an accessibility feature on an Apple product, you can email the Accessibility team: accessibility@apple.com.

Re: "As a work around, I have added the Calendar app in AA which now shows the date "Live" on the icon".

Good to know you found a creative solution that works for now. Cheers!

Sep 20, 2024 7:49 AM in response to brbo

Hi brbo

Thank you for the reply. I've updated to iOS 18 and the Date is still not an option in AA on the lockscreen. when I exit AA, the date is on the lockscreen.

In Setting >accessibility >assistive access >show Time on Lock Screen: Enabled ....Where is the option to enable Date on Lockscreen?

As a work around, I have added the Calendar app in AA which now shows the date "Live" on the icon.

hope apple adds the date to the lockscreen...Soon!

Cheers!!

Assistive Access (AA) Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.