You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music disappeared from my ipod

I was playing music from my ipod though my PC which was bluetooth connected with my Alexa show. I have been doing it for years. Allof a sudden, mi IPOD has no more music on it. There are folders on my PC labeled f0 f49 that seem to have all my music on them, but they are haphazardly (to me) arranged. I have tried getting them back onto my ipod, but, just when I think it worked, when I eject my IPOD, no music.

Posted on Aug 24, 2024 12:59 PM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2024 1:08 AM in response to pimathSHS

To add to your other discussion (LOST ALL MUSIC FROM MY IPOD - Apple Community), the folders that you see (the f0 to f49 ) are what are on the iPod, but they will not work on your PC, no matter what you do.

If those files are still on the iPod, they should work on it. However, if you've removed them from the iPod and now put them back, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't work as the control file that tells the iPod where each file is located is probably missing or now pointing to the wrong location.

You mention Windows 11 and iTunes, so presumably all your music is on your computer and listed in your iTunes Library (it should be). If so, you need to use iTunes to add the music listed in iTunes back onto the iPod.

If you no longer have a copy of your music (and no back up of it either), you could try this article from fellow user turingtest2: Recover your iTunes library from your iPo… - Apple Community. He talks about recovering the files from the iPod (i.e. those f0, f49 files) using software that can reassemble the files into a readable format. However, if you have moved the f files back onto the iPod, or if the files are already on your computer I have no idea whether any of his proposed solutions will work. (Try a free trial version of any of the programmes he lists).

The last option, should all else fail, will be to re-build your library from scratch. To do this:

• music purchased from the iTunes Store, Amazon or any other online retailer, go to your account with that store and download the purchases (from your account>purchased section). Don't simply find the song in the store and try to download it as you will be expected to buy it. You have to go to your account details
    • music copied from CD; copy it again
    • music from other sources (i.e. an artist's website); go back to that website

Lastly, may I suggest that you stick to one discussion. It reduces the confusion factor.

music disappeared from my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.