You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic 7th gen won't turn on after updating firmware

Dug my old Ipod out and after letting it charge for a bit, it was working again. Plugged it into my computer and was told there was an update so I did that but then the screen went black and now it won't turn on.

I've left it charging for an hour and nothing; I've tried uninstalling iTunes and the other Apple programs on my PC and that did nothing; I tried deleting the drivers, I've tried going to some iTunes folder and installing some .inf file, I've tried connecting to a different computer. Nothing works. When I plug it in, my system makes a sound that it's detected a device but iTunes says it needs to do a recovery and keep the iPod plugged in, click continue and get told that iTunes can detect an iPod but it can't identify it and to disconnect the reconnect it. There's no red x, no lit screen, just a black screen.

I have no idea what's happening. It's like something wonked out when updating it and it can't boot properly.

iPod Classic

Posted on Aug 25, 2024 1:41 AM

There are no replies.

Ipod Classic 7th gen won't turn on after updating firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.