You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac desktops waking unexpectedly from sleep . . . solved?

It's a pain in the proverbial when you put your desktop to sleep only to have it wake immediately or even worse, wait a few minutes until you have left the room!

My iMac does it only occasionally but my M2 mini wakes immediately most times I put it to sleep or waits for me to go away.

The problem is most likely BlueTooth interference from the non-Apple keyboard and mouse.

In the old days you could switch off "Allow BT devices to wake the computer" but since Monterey this setting has been removed.

An hour ago I discovered a free app called Bluesnooze which switches off the BT keyboards and mice when the computer sleeps.

https://github.com/odlp/bluesnooze/releases/tag/v1.1

Obviously you can no longer wake the Mac with the keyboard or mouse but I find a brief press of the power button wakes the machine after 5 or so seconds.

It's early days but it does appear to have cured the problem.

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 31, 2024 11:00 AM

2 replies

Mac desktops waking unexpectedly from sleep . . . solved?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.