You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sampling books in Apple Books

I am grateful to be able to buy books from Apple Books with the obvious advantages this service offers. However, I have found that the number of pages displayed as a 'Sample' is generally insufficient. As a graduate in mathematics, I would not wish to buy a mathematics text at a level lower than about third year undergraduate, and the sample may then be very important. However, you don't seem to take into account the long introductions, acknowledgements, lists of contents and illustrations, and so forth which tend to precede the commencement of the actual text. After I've skimmed over all of this I'm often left with only about three or four pages of the actual content, which does not even give the author space to introduce the subject. Thus I am not able to make an informed decision as to whether or not the book in question is appropriate. For this reason I may have bought fewer titles than would otherwise have been the case: but I must obviously err on the side of caution. I request and hope that Apple may resolve to remedy this problem, and give my thanks for your time and attention.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Sep 1, 2024 6:57 PM

1 reply

Sampling books in Apple Books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.