You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

A.I. optics

what hardware and software do i need to have A.I. assisted Augmented reality assistive optics

Posted on Sep 3, 2024 11:35 PM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2024 2:42 PM in response to JohnLeshJacobs

You just need to install the optics in the headset before using it.

There won't be an automatic detection of the lenses nor an AI and that's normal since it's just some glasses made to clip in.

During the initial setup, the Apple Vision Pro will ask if you have those lenses installed. Just select "Yes".

The lens can be bought with the headset and I would recommend them. Zeiss make those insert lens and they have a fantastic reputation for high end lenses. They are adapted to work with the integrated lens of the headset which are made for perfect vision.

If it's about Augmented Reality, the Apple Vision only does Mixed Reality but it can't do Augmented Reality (AR) since the screens aren't see through. In fact you see reality through cameras.

The Google Glasses and the Microsoft HoloLens are a good example of AR headsets. AR can make you see actual holograms in real life, but the Apple Vision Pro is much better overall for any sort of content.

A.I. optics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.