You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roger, how can I PURCHASE a song from Itunes or Apple Music so that I can download to my shuffle?

I have a shuffle that I use at the gym and it has many of my favorites

that I bought on I-Tunes. But the last three songs came from my account

with apple music and they will not transfer. I paid 1.29 for them just

like before. But I get this error message: .....because Apple Music

songs cannot be copied to an iPod.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Sep 6, 2024 7:07 AM

1 reply

Sep 6, 2024 7:38 AM in response to Halloran911

It seems at least one of the songs you are trying to transfer did not come from the iTunes Store, but was instead downloaded from the Apple Music subscription service. You don't pay for individual songs on the Apple Music subscription service. You pay one fee every month and have access to the entire catalog.

Songs downloaded from the Apple Music subscription service cannot be transferred to other devices like iPod Shuffles, because there's no way to verify the subscription status.

Make sure all the songs you are trying to transfer were purchased from the iTunes Store before transferring them to the shuffle.

If you select the Song view in the Apple Music app, actually purchased tracks will have a date in the purchase date column.

If they came from the Apple music subscription or other sources, the purchase date column will be empty for those songs. The iCloud Status column may have other info for songs from the Apple Music subscription service too.

Roger, how can I PURCHASE a song from Itunes or Apple Music so that I can download to my shuffle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.