You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Schlage Encode Plus Door Lock

Purchased one of these Schlage Encode Plus door locks because it was advertised as compatible with Apple HomeKit. The physical installation of the lock was pretty easy. Fit all standard holes in the door. Took awhile but managed to get through the installation process with the Schlage Home app & the Apple HomeKit. All appeared to be working well, could unlock the door with my Apple Watch, iPhone & both the Schlage app and HomeKit. But when I tried to open the locked door with my self selected 4 to 6 digit number I got the dreaded red X, indicating the passkey was not working. Contacted Schlage support & they walked me thru step by step the process after setting it back to factory defaults. After going thru the steps involved with setting up the Schlage app, the passcode I selected worked on the lock's keypad. Finished by setting it up in HomeKit. Same result. Lock would not accept my manually entered passcode. Schlage support concluded it was a problem with Apple HomeKit because the passcode worked just fine with the Schlage app. Passed the buck & said I needed to contact Apple support. Apple support says it's Schlage issue. All my devices, including the Schlage lock have the most recent updates in software & firmware. My AppleTV is the Hub for HomeKit. I see others have had issues with this lock a couple years ago. Has anyone been able to successfully get this working with the passcode on the Apple HomeKit?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 17

Posted on Sep 7, 2024 11:54 AM

There are no replies.

Schlage Encode Plus Door Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.