You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

MacBook not charging when plugged in

I recently picked up a 2010 MacBook from a thrift store. Everything works fine with one exception. The computer doesn’t charge. It turns on, but constantly sits at 0%. And when I unplug it, it immediately turns off. I checked an app called coconut battery and my battery health is 81% and it says it’s in good condition.

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Sep 7, 2024 6:53 PM

3 replies

Sep 7, 2024 7:31 PM in response to cash12

Ok so I found the issue. The charging port IS faulty, but that didn’t have to do with the charging of the battery. I was reading through this model’s ifixit webpage and noticed a “Technique” about jumpstarting the battery. I decided to see if the symptoms were the same as my MacBook, and they were. So I watched the video, followed the steps and the battery is charging again! I did notice that the first boot after doing the reset that the keyboard and mouse weren’t working, but after another restart it fixed itself.

MacBook not charging when plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.