You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

adding music and creating playlists on iPod classic

I think my software may be out of date I don't have the option to add music for create playlists or add music

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 12:46 PM

5 replies

Sep 10, 2024 2:55 AM in response to simionfromphiladelphia

Have a look at this tip, written by fellow user John Galt: Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community.

Going only on the limited information that you have provided you add music to an iPod Classic (if that is what you have) by using iTunes, or on a Mac, Finder. In iTunes for example, you add music to your iTunes Library and then add it to your iPod by using the iTunes Sync procedure.

It is possible to create Playlists on an iPod Classic, but first of all you need to get the music onto the iPod.

simionfromphiladelphia wrote:

I think my software may be out of date

Which software are you referring to, the software on the iPod or iTunes?

Sep 12, 2024 2:20 AM in response to simionfromphiladelphia

simionfromphiladelphia wrote:

i Have an iPod classic I used to be able to create playlists

Do you mean on the iPod itself? If so and it is an iPod Classic, I can't remember the menu layout, but it's probably to go into the Playlists option and find Create On The Go Playlist (I know it's called On The Go). If it's n ot in the Playlists menu, look on the other menus i=until you find it. Perhaps you need to long-press the menu or centre button in order to bring up the option.

I’m thinking because I don’t use it much anymore that the software was out of date

Unlikely. There have been no software updates for any of the iPod Classic range for a very long time.

the add or create playlists drop down is dark I did the sync still no go

I don't recall a drop-down option to create playlists on an iPod Classic.

I don't have the option to add music for create playlists or add music

I still don't understand what you mean by that. Are you referring to adding music to a newly created playlist on the iPod, or do you mean that you cannot any music to the iPod?

If all other methods fail, you can create playlists in your iTunes Library and copy them onto your iPod.

adding music and creating playlists on iPod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.