You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can't play audiobook CDs on my new Mac Studio

I have an apple super drive; the audiobook CD and the separate chapters show up in Music. When I click on the chapters and click play, nothing happens. Double click, nothing happens. ? Help.

Mac Studio, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 5:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 6:02 PM

See if this helps:

Apple USB SuperDrive won't Load Audio CD'… - Apple Community

According to a reply in that thread, Sonoma locked down things so tight that you have to give the Music application permission to access Files & Folders on Removable Volumes before it will let you play audio CDs.

4 replies

Sep 8, 2024 5:45 PM in response to smkfromsherwood

See ifthis works...

1. In the Books app  on your Mac, click Audiobooks in the sidebar to see the audiobooks in your library.
  2. Note: To get more audiobooks, shop the Audiobook Store.
  3. Browse or search for an audiobook, then double-click the audiobook you want to listen to.
  4. When you start listening, the audiobook player appears at the top of the window.
  5. To control playback, do any of the following:
    • Skip forward or back: Click the Skip Forward button  or the Skip Back button . You can set how many seconds to skip forward or back in Books Playback settings.
    • Go directly to a specific chapter: Click Table of Contents , then select the chapter you want.
    • Set a sleep timer: Choose Controls > Sleep Timer, then select when you want the audiobook to stop playing.
    • Change the speed of the speaking voice: Choose Controls > Playback Speed, then select a speed. The fastest speed is 2x, and the slowest speed is 0.75x.
  • Control the playback outside of the Books window: Click the Now Playing button  in the menu bar, then click an option.
    • Note: If the Now Playing button  isn’t showing, you may need to change an option in System Settings. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Control Center  in the sidebar (you may need to scroll down). On the right, click the pop-up menu next to Now Playing, then choose Always Show in Menu Bar or Show When Active.

Some audiobooks are sold with supplemental PDFs. To find the PDFs, play the audiobook, click the Table of Contents button , then click View PDF Content.

Can't play audiobook CDs on my new Mac Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.