You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I find HomeKit camera recording based on date and time range?

Short explanation:

Using the slider is cumbersome when there are numerous recordings, especially without activity zones. Is there a way to search for videos within a specific date range?

Long explanation: 

I’ve set up a HomeKit camera facing my allocated parking spot to deter my neighbors from scratching my car, which has happened before due to tight parking spaces. 

There’s a busy road right in front of our parking area with frequent pedestrian and vehicle traffic. Initially, I configured activity zones to cover only my parking space, hoping to ignore irrelevant motion. However, I found the recording triggers inconsistent—it often captured the car either after it was mostly parked or near the end of the activity zone. This means if my car were scratched, I wouldn’t have any footage. So, I removed the activity zones and enabled the recording of both cars and people, but now I have an overwhelming number of snippets, which isn’t ideal. But slightly more consistent capture of parking.

Posted on Sep 12, 2024 1:02 AM

There are no replies.

How can I find HomeKit camera recording based on date and time range?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.