You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Reply to : appleid_gben@email.apple.com - LEGIT EMAIL OR NOT?

Hi

I reset my password via icloud on my phone, and received an email confirming the change from 'appleid@id.apple.com' - all as expected.

However - the same email has a 'reply to' address of: 'appleid_gben@email.apple.com'

which seems odd as usually I would expect to see a 'noreply' email address?

I have looked in forums - some say this is a scammer email - some say it is legit.

I even called Apple and they weren't sure

WHO CAN CLEAR THIS UP ONCE AND FOR ALL PLEEEEEAAASE!!

Posted on Sep 12, 2024 3:17 PM

2 replies

Sep 23, 2024 1:55 AM in response to lisafrombondi

Personally I think it’s a scam. I received 6 of these in quick succession at 9am on a Saturday morning when I KNOW I didn’t try and change my password. Hope this helps. It’s bad enough thinking someone has tried to hack your account , I’ve had different/ opposite responses from their support team about the same emails 😭

[Edited by Moderator]

Sep 27, 2024 12:54 AM in response to lisafrombondi

I also got emails from what seems to be a legit apple email add however it’s asking me to reply to appleid_gben@email.apple.com. then I got more emails after that saying a recent purchase was done using my email address in mainland China but it’s not showing on my purchase history. This is driving me nuts I hope we can figure out if this is legit or not

Reply to : appleid_gben@email.apple.com - LEGIT EMAIL OR NOT?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.