You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can I keep my downloaded Music after ending a Subscription?

Not one to complain but the money you and everyone pays every month for downloading music to add to their own collection shouldn’t be removed if they end their subscription. If you want people to keep a subscription going or for them to renew it again, then let them keep the music they downloaded. End of the day they have paid for it

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 12, 2024 3:27 PM

1 reply

Sep 12, 2024 4:29 PM in response to Discodaz1974

Apple Music is a streaming service. Like every other streaming service, rights to listen are only valid with an active subscription.

If it didn't work that way, what I or someone might do is subscribe for one month and then spend every waking minute of that month downloading as much music as possible and then cancel the subscription at the end of the first month. However that isn't what I paid for and isn't what the artists who created the music agreed to.

There is an option to purchase music and have the right to list to it indefinitely. See: Buy music from the iTunes Store on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Can I keep my downloaded Music after ending a Subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.