You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

M2 Studio Mac compatibility issue with Skylum Aurora HDR 2019 software

I am a serious user of Aurora HDR 2019 (last updated version). Will the software run on the M chip Macs?

I’ve heard that the functionality of Aurora HDR has been rolled into the latest Skylum Luminar Neo.

I cannot personally verify this as I’m still using an old Mac Pro 2010 OS High Sierra but will need to upgrade.

I would love it if Aurora HDR 2019 would run on the Mac Studio! Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 15, 2024 8:04 AM

3 replies

Sep 15, 2024 8:58 AM in response to wjakub

RoaringApps claims it will work, though that report is anecdotal, from apparently only one report, and lacks detail:

https://roaringapps.com/app/aurora-hdr-2019

But it will I believe run in Rosetta, Apple's environment for running Intel-only apps on an Apple Silicon machine, so there may be performance issues and not all functions may work properly. And of course Skylum will provide no support.

Perhaps someone else who has been using Aurora on a Silicon Mac will see your question and offer opinions.

Regards.

M2 Studio Mac compatibility issue with Skylum Aurora HDR 2019 software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.