You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Watch swim apps for users with poor vision.

Have been using AW for lap swimming for years. Recently got cataract surgery and can no longer read the AW while swimming. Would be nice if AW allowed me to select reduce list of info to display but in a larger font. Since it does not seem to allow this, does anyone know a workaround? perhaps a setting I am not familiar with or a reasonably priced similar app? I am not interested in prescriptions googles as then I would see the Watch but nothing else.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 10

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 1:57 PM

1 reply

Sep 16, 2024 5:54 PM in response to Peter-7465

Hi Peter-7465,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Apple Watch swim apps for users with poor vision".

"Would be nice if AW allowed me to select reduce list of info to display but in a larger font."

Apple Support have an article online with tips that may be helpful:

Adjust text size and other visual settings on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Eg: If you haven't tried this already: says: "Adjust text size

1. Press the side button to open Control Center.
  2. Tap , then turn the Digital Crown to adjust."

Re: ".... perhaps a setting I am not familiar with ..."

Another article : Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics on Apple Watch - Apple Support

says:

Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, then tap Display & Brightness to adjust the following:

• Brightness: Tap the Brightness controls to adjust, or tap the slider, then turn the Digital Crown.
  • Text size: Tap Text Size, then tap the letters or turn the Digital Crown.
  • Bold text: Turn on Bold Text.

You can also make these adjustments on your iPhone. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, tap Display & Brightness, then adjust brightness and text.

Apple provides some of the accessibility features they make available on Apple Watch: eg: With the right settings, you could have what is displayed on screen read out loud to you, if you wish.

"Siri is often the easiest way to start using accessibility features with your Apple Watch. With Siri, you can open apps, turn many settings on or off, or use Siri for what it does best—acting as your intelligent personal assistant."

See: Use accessibility features with Siri on Apple Watch - Apple Support

VoiceOver helps you use your Apple Watch even if you can’t see the display.

Use simple gestures to move around the screen and listen as VoiceOver speaks each item you select.

If interested: See how to use: VoiceOver

More info: Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver

Resource: Apple Watch User Guide - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Apple Watch swim apps for users with poor vision.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.