You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mac Studio Gets Stuck When Logging in AFTER Password is Entered

This is regarding my Mac Studio M2 Ultra. When I first boot up my mac and go to log in/enter the password, the progress bar goes to about 10%, then gets stuck. It stays at 10% for approx 2mins befoe the mac restarts.

The only "fix" I have found is once I have booted up, if I wait on the log on screen and do nothing for 10 minutes BEFORE entering the password, once I enter the password it will successfully log in.

Steps/fixes I have tried but have NOT helped/fixed the issue:

• Tried logging in through safe mode
  • Re-install MacOS
  • Removed all log in items
  • Ran diagnostics
  • Signed in and out of iCloud
  • Run the disk utility repair feature
  • Completely wiped ALL data and start the mac fresh

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the issue may be and how to fix it? The Mac Studio is a bit under 2 weeks old.

Mac Studio, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 12:39 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2024 6:54 AM in response to hugominetti

Very strange but great work so far!:)

What all is plugged into it?

You can use Drive DX to possibly get a better view of Drive health…

https://binaryfruit.com/drivedx

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info. Give it Full Disk Access.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Give etrecheck Full Disk Access before running.

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Mac Studio Gets Stuck When Logging in AFTER Password is Entered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.