You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I'm unable to sync my iPod nano to iTunes

I just purchased a new iPod Nano as I misplaced my previous 1. I am unable to sync my new iPod to my downloaded iTunes. I do not subscribe to Apple Music & have no interest in a subscription; my music was purchased.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 2:21 PM

5 replies

Sep 19, 2024 12:34 PM in response to LW2221

Select the iPod icon once it appears at the top of the iTunes window:

That will display the Device/Settings/Summary pane. Using the screenshot below as your guide, switch to the Device/Settings/Music pane (1.):

• select the Sync Music box (2.) so that there is a tick (checkmark) in it
  • select the Entire music library button (so there is a dark mark in the button). This adds all selected content in your music library. Note that with this option, you will not see the sections numbered 4 in the screenshot
  • tap the Sync (or Apply) button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window (not shown in the screenshot)
  • once the sync has finished, safely eject the iPod (tap the eject icon next to the iPod icon):

Note that my screenshot shows two iPods, wirelessly connected.

I'm unable to sync my iPod nano to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.