You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 bug in Apple Music app

after updating to ios18 i have encountered a bug when using apple music. Whenever the phone opens or closes or when the screen turns on due to a notification, the music pauses for a good 3-5 secs and same when screen goes back to sleep. Also when playing music using apple carplay, when i use my phone or when the screen turns on the same delay is there and the music sound deteriorates badly. The sound is completely off and i can’t listen properly unless the phone is put back to sleep. I need apple to release a bug update soon or any solutions as i can’t use my phone like this

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 5:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 9:30 AM

Guys I figured out the issue. As soon as I turned off vocal shortcuts the bug stopped.

75 replies

Sep 19, 2024 2:41 PM in response to mmm2354

I have a similar issue after updating to iOS 18 song won’t play at all in Apple Music will toggle to pause by itself I noticed if you pick around 20 seconds into the song it will play, but if it goes to the next song it goes crazy and starts skipping sometimes it will pick a song and will play. I noticed someone said turn off vocal shortcuts but after checking setting I don’t even have it setup. Need fix tried swiping out and restarting phone

Sep 19, 2024 8:42 AM in response to mmm2354

Is there an update with iOS 18 apple connection bugs? My music stops playing every time I pick up the phone or put it in my pocket. Also CarPlay is basically unusable as the music shifts from a notification/prompt volume to full volume depending if I pick my phone up. Its also is getting hot when playing music , also when I have my iPad near my phone and I’m listening to something on my iPad and a notification pops on the phone it automatically disconnects everything I have playing .So basically Apple Music is unusable !

Sep 20, 2024 11:28 AM in response to mmm2354

Since I downloaded the new iOS 18 the day before yesterday, my storage has been reaching maximum capacity and the battery is draining super fast. Normally, with 4 hours of use, it would go down to 80%, but yesterday it went down to 40%. So, I started deleting WhatsApp conversations, deleted some apps, and started deleting songs when it gave me the alert. I ended up deleting +100 downloaded songs, and a few hours later, it told me again that my phone was full.

It turns out that the music is downloading automatically (had 250 songs in queue), even though I wasn't asking to download any songs and I have automatic downloads turned off in Settings. I turned off the cellular data option to stop it from downloading music, and I had to turn off Wi-Fi because otherwise, it would be downloading music automatically even though I have the option turned off and it's constantly telling me that my phone is at full capacity.

Anyone else with this problem?

Sep 23, 2024 2:49 PM in response to mmm2354

I spoke with Tech Support on Sat - well first they said it wasn't a tech support problem but a Music subscription problem and transferred me, and I was like, "uh....no it has nothing to do with subscriptions! It's all related to ios 18!" - the person at Subscriptions transferred me back to tech support and they admitted it's an ios 18 flaw and hopefully there will be an update released this week to fix everything...if that's believable! Hahaha!

Oct 2, 2024 8:20 AM in response to mmm2354

Hi!

Since i installed IOs 18 , there are so many bug on App Music.

I have my own mp3 library (more than 70 000 mp3)

I crated before playlist by genre

So i hav big playlist which contains a lot of mp3

When i play a playlist by random play , the app crash i few seconds (average 20) after the play is started.

Another bug : when i listen a music and i want to add it on a playlist directly on the Music App : sometimes the app crash and sometimes the add responses arrive 40 seconds later ... It's not directly like before.

So now my experience to listen my own music on my iphone is so terrible! I hope you will correct this ...

iOS 18 bug in Apple Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.