You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Sidecar: Connection to ‘iPad’ not possible. An unassigned error has occurred (-6745)

After updating the Mac Mini M1 to macOS Sequoia 15 and the iPad Pro Gen 4 to iPadOS 18 two days ago, the Sidecar function stopped working. All possible steps have already been taken: turning both devices off and on, toggling Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, signing out of Apple ID on both devices, turning them off and back on, signing in again, and resetting various functions. However, the error message keeps appearing. What can I do?

Mac mini, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 6:41 AM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2024 12:33 PM in response to BDAqua

I don’t use any VPN, antivirus, or cleaning apps, so it can't be related to those. I have now disabled the macOS 15.0 firewall, and as a result, Sidecar works again with the iPad. Is there no way to use Sidecar with the firewall enabled? Also, why is the firewall causing such issues in this case? Is it possible to allow specific ports in the firewall for Sidecar, and if so, which ones?

Sidecar: Connection to ‘iPad’ not possible. An unassigned error has occurred (-6745)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.