You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Where is the function "Add to reading List" or "Add Bookmark" in the safari browser web address field.

After updating to MacOS Sequoia (Safari Version 18.0 (20619.1.26.31.6)) im not able to store with the + in the address field "Add to reading List" or "Add Bookmark" in the safari browser. A feature I need every day several times. Why is it not available anymore Apple? I don't want to go up in the lockdown menu Bookmarks to store stuff to my reading list (Later reading), when I'm on the actual website.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 3:14 PM

They are in the "Share" menu.

click here ➜ Keep a Reading List in Safari on MacOS Sequoia - Apple Support

7 replies

Sep 18, 2024 3:28 PM in response to e2783

Same here on Safari Version 18.0 (19619.1.26.111.10, 19619) macOS Sonoma.

I really hope this is a bug not a „feature“ as it’s still working on the latest Safari Technology Preview Release 203 (Safari 18.0, WebKit 19620.1.6).

Bookmarking into folders would be a real hassle. The "Share" menu is no alternative as it remembers the last used folder…

Sep 18, 2024 5:34 PM in response to e2783

Still can’t see how this is an alternative.

1. Click on the „Share“ menu

2. Click on „Add Bookmark“

3. Click on „Bookmarks“

4. Scroll to the folder you want to bookmark to

5. Click on „Add“

vs

1. Click on the + in the address field

2. Scroll to the folder you want to bookmark to & get your finger off the trackpad

(& the used folder will not become the default folder used the next time you hit Cmd-D to bookmark just in "Bookmarks" in no specific folder...)

Sep 18, 2024 6:08 PM in response to steko

It's not! I agree. But what do you accept from Apple, when iOS takes over MacOS, with one major missing feature. Touchscreen on an Apple Display or MacBook / Pro. It would be so a game changer it you could manage Final Cut oder Logic on a Professional Desktop system. Who could remember that Steve Jobs showed the "finger" to the air as best tool to manage and work on displays. It never came to the pro area.

Where is the function "Add to reading List" or "Add Bookmark" in the safari browser web address field.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.