You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Writing Tools Missing on macOS Sonoma 14.6.1

I'm using a Mac Studio M2 Max with macOS Sonoma 14.6.1. I'm unable to find the 'Writing Tools' feature, which is supposed to help with editing and improving text. I've tried restarting my computer, checking for updates, and searching for solutions online, but nothing has worked. Can you help me figure out why this feature is missing and how to fix it?

Mac Studio, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 1:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 3:30 AM

The feature is missing because it is part of Apple Intelligence. macOS Sequoia, iOS 18, and iPadOS 18 are out – but the Apple Intelligence beta is not.

macOS Sequoia - Apple

"Apple Intelligence will be available in beta on all iPhone 16 models, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max, and iPad and Mac with M1 and later, with Siri and device language set to U.S. English, as part of an iOS 18, iPadOS 18, and macOS Sequoia update this fall. Some features and additional languages will be coming over the course of the next year."

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2024 3:30 AM in response to Aluckybeggar

The feature is missing because it is part of Apple Intelligence. macOS Sequoia, iOS 18, and iPadOS 18 are out – but the Apple Intelligence beta is not.

macOS Sequoia - Apple

"Apple Intelligence will be available in beta on all iPhone 16 models, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max, and iPad and Mac with M1 and later, with Siri and device language set to U.S. English, as part of an iOS 18, iPadOS 18, and macOS Sequoia update this fall. Some features and additional languages will be coming over the course of the next year."

Writing Tools Missing on macOS Sonoma 14.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.