You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Audio (Music) stops when using Safari on iPhone

This has been reported and complained about for years already and is STILL a problem. If you are playing music with Apple Music or any other music app and then try to browse the internet in Safari it won’t take long before a page you load takes over the audio and your music will stop. Even Google search results often take over audio. There is NO setting I can find to disable auto playing like this. Come on Apple, why can’t there just be a simple setting to stop this annoying behaviour?

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 5:18 AM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2024 12:16 PM in response to halightw

I've noticed lately, as of iOS 17.7 (and possibly before that), this particular issue seems to be resolved. Browsing random websites that previously had videos auto-play, the sound is now muted by default whereas before it would almost always auto play with audio and interrupt other music apps running in the back ground. I can't find any specific release notes that mention this, but perhaps Apple has finally solved the problem!

Audio (Music) stops when using Safari on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.