You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Clear up next shortcut is broken in iOS 18

Has anyone else noticed this? It worked fine in iOS 17. In iOS 18 it just removes one song from the queue.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 10:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 4:04 PM

Most of the time it doesn't remove anything for me. The changes to the queue in iOS18 have been really disruptive for me. In addition to not being able to clear the queue, I use Marvis (3rd party Apple Music client) and the "Play last" function is also broken.

3 replies

Sep 23, 2024 4:25 PM in response to thebluch

I use Marvis as well, and I've also noticed the issue with Play Last.

I've found that if I'm listening to a playlist and use Clear Up Next, it doesn't remove anything. But if I've used the Marvis "Play Next" function, Clear Up Next will remove (one at a time) the songs that I've manually added via "Play Next."

Have you noticed the Apple Watch Now Playing complication is broken as well? It just says something useless like "Music and Podcasts you play will appear here." But nothing ever appears here...

Clear up next shortcut is broken in iOS 18

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.