You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music bug on PS5

my music isn’t playing at all on my ps5, I’ve deleted the app, signed out, rebooted my ps5, wifi, checked for updates, up to date with payments. Why can’t I hear my music?

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 1:19 PM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2024 7:07 PM in response to drrrew2442

Same. Just happened to me too. It says it’s playing but there’s no sound. Everything else on the ps5 works fine.

The PS5 is my main media machine and I’m honestly ready to switch to Spotify. The ps5 app is pathetic and severely lacks functionality in general. It’s seems Apple doesn’t give a **** about anything that isn’t an Apple device. And even then they’ll plan its obsolescence and drop support for it to squeeze as much cash outta you as possible. They’re definitely not the company they were under Jobs. He’d be turning in his grave at what they’ve become.

Sep 20, 2024 1:16 AM in response to drrrew2442

UPDATE: So I got mine working. Bizarrely enough when I went to install Spotify, I suddenly got about half a dozen notifications from Apple Music saying “Music stopped playing because Apple Music is being used on another device.” Once I cleared them all Apple Music started working properly again.

On a slight segway, I did install Spotify and signed up for a free month’s trial. The functionality is way better than the Apple Music app. While navigating Spotify with the controller or media remote is still about as cumbersome as on Apple Music, you can seamlessly operate the PS5 Spotify app from the Spotify app on your phone. It’s a total game changer.

Unfortunately Spotify doesn’t integrate as well with my car stereo as Apple Music does, so I’ll decide in a month which one I want to stick with.

Apple Music bug on PS5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.