You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

MacOS - frequent "security settings verification required" "confirm Mac password" and "Some iCloud data isn't syncing" messages

My Mac is frequently asking for password verification - pretty much constantly. I have upgraded the OS to 15.0, and changed the Mac password however the requests prevail.

This was happening prior to MacOS 15.0 but not as frequently. It's pretty much constant now. I had previously noted that there were sync problems on iMessage, and it would take a while for iPhone messages to be replicated to the Mac.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? There are an iPhone and an iPad on the same iCloud account - both on the latest OS.

I can't find any troubleshooting guide, although a Google search indicates that others are having the same problem.

iMac 24″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 6:37 PM

6 replies

Oct 10, 2024 1:16 AM in response to lowbox

I've been having this for almost a year now or longer, I can't remember exactly when it began. It went from a weekly to daily occurrence and now if I try entering my password the notification simply doesn't go away at all.

Would be nice to find a fix for this that doesn't involve deleting and re-downloading all iCloud data if possible. Oddly enough I have no issues accessing iCloud data at all so I've just taken to ignoring the notification, though it is an annoyance.

Oct 4, 2024 6:51 PM in response to DonB58

I resolved mine by logging out of iCloud, and logging back in. I also changed my AppleID password. One - or both - of those seemed to trigger re-initiation of the iCloud login session and the issues have remain resolved since. Just watch out for the deletion of documents from the Mac that is triggered by the logout process.

Oct 15, 2024 7:02 AM in response to lowbox

The same—and a huge point of frustration. I use many Apple computers between work and home. It only appears on my home Mac Mini (M1). It started months, if not a year, ago for the "Security Setting Verification Required." Since 15, it's now prompting for iCloud Data. Based on my review of photos and files, I see no sync issues but cannot get rid of the prompt.

A log or more information on what's not syncing would be a great addition to a generic message.

MacOS - frequent "security settings verification required" "confirm Mac password" and "Some iCloud data isn't syncing" messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.