You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Sequoia: Issue with Audiobook Syncing Between Mac and iPhone After macOS Update

Shortly after updating to macOS Sequoia, I lost the ability to import audiobooks that I uploaded from the Books app on my Mac to the Books app on my iPhone. The problem is that the list of books stopped updating in Finder when opening the iPhone, specifically in the Audiobooks section. It displays some old list of books that were long deleted from both the Mac and iPhone. At the same time, I can't transfer new books to the iPhone because they simply don't appear in the list.

I tried to find the plist containing the audiobook library on the Mac, but I couldn't find it.

There is a file at /Users/$USER/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books/Books.plist, but it only contains regular books.

The actual audiobooks downloaded to the Mac library are located in /Users/$USER/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books/Audiobooks, but there is no file indexing the books there.

How can I remove the outdated audiobook list from Finder and get it to sync audiobooks between my Mac and iPhone again?

Currently, I have to do this on a Windows computer where everything works through iTunes.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 1:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 8:36 AM

I swear to god that Books and Audio Books were not syncable options yesterday. They were literally not options available to sync in the finder windows when I attached my phone.

And today those options are there. No idea how or why but I can sync my books now.

3 replies

Sequoia: Issue with Audiobook Syncing Between Mac and iPhone After macOS Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.