You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HomePod Morning music Automations - Randomly Skips songs in play list

I have my HomePod (version 18.0) setup with 3 Morning Automations. These automations trigger a specific Apple Music Play list at 8 am depending on the day of the week.

The Automations work fine. They are all set to Shuffle.

For over a year I did have ONE automation playing at 8 AM everyday of one playlist set to shuffle, but after a long while it gets boring. And this worked fine with no ISSUES.

While I was setting up the 3 new Automations my HOMEPOD did upgrade to Version 18.

PROBLEM:

The HomePod starts playing at the correct time with the correct list on the correct day. But then Randomly it will skip songs, any where from 3 to 10 songs before fully playing anther song.

It will play any where from a few seconds of a song before it skips to 30 seconds then skip.

It might play 2 songs before the skipping issue starts or 5 songs. There is no constant in the issue.

Oddly enough if I just stop the Music from the Home App and then close the Home App. Start the list on my IPhone from Apple Music, Click Shuffle , and choose HomePod as the Audio out source it works fine.

NO SKIPPING Randomly.

HomePod mini, 18

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 5:58 AM

There are no replies.

HomePod Morning music Automations - Randomly Skips songs in play list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.