You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Stability issues with Safari after updating to Vision OS 2

Is anybody else having issues with safari after upgrading?

I am noticing the safari app stalls or gets hung up while surfing the web. Something like a lack of memory/ram allocated for the app to run properly.

I’ll have the same number of apps open and safari windows open as I did with the previous Vision OS at the same time however now I notice the safari windows will freeze when attempting to navigate or scroll through content. The windows freeze for 30 seconds then continue to scroll.

I also have notices that when I open an additional safari windows, my “bookmarks” icons show place holder graphics, not the website fav icons as it should. Again, something I expect is because the safari app doesn’t have enough memory allocated to run properly.

I only have Safari, Calendar, iMessage, and the Mail app open at the same time. I’ll have three Safari window open, a streaming service like Netflix/Roku Channel/etc, My work email via http, and a window to surf the web… amazon.com, news outlets of various sites, etc. This was the “desktop” arrangement I used in the previous Vision OS with no hangups. Now I’m see the safari memory issues.

Also, I should mention both Netflix and the Roku Channel streaming services will now give Safari error messages every once in awhile… “can’t something key session”… something like that.

Thoughts?

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 2

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 12:59 PM

2 replies

Sep 29, 2024 6:31 PM in response to HenryMelkor

Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad to learn it wasn’t just my problem.

I’m hoping its a software issue and not a lack of memory/hardware issue.

I was thinking of just resetting/wiping the thing, then doing the visionOS 2 update… starting clean as they say to see if that would have an impact. I just don’t know if I want to take the time to do that or just wait until visionOS 2.1

Thanks again for the feedback.

Stability issues with Safari after updating to Vision OS 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.