You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Safari is blocking 3rd party session cookies - iPad Air M1 with iPadOS 18

Hello,

Since I updated to the new iPadOS18, it again block my learning platform in Moodle Kaltura with 3rd party session cookies. I use this to view video from Kaltura sources and Moodle, which I believe it's so far really safe contents.

I've fixed that in iPadOS17 with disable the Prevent Cross-Site Tracking and Block All Cookies, but now it's not work anymore. Other web browsers in iPad like Chrome or Edge also not working.

I REALLY NEED HELP on this soon since this is my weekly learning and it's like the only way I can learn to have good grade. If this is not fixed, sorry I have to sell all my Apple devices.

iPad Air, iPadOS 18

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 3:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 9:56 AM

Getting the same error and it worked for me in IPAD OS 17 but not working in IPAD OS 18. Please share the solution once you find it

5 replies

Sep 24, 2024 9:40 PM in response to Linuxidiot

Hi Linuxidiot, yes, I tried contact with Apple Support already and they provided me some methods to check included Reset Network Settings, change back to default & I even reset all settings for my iPad & Mac but no lucks. Since it's only happened after I updated to the newest version of iPadOS 18 & MacOS 15.0, my iPhone in iOS17.7 is the only device still able to run video now. The Apple Support asked me to come to their AAR services to check further & I will come there to see any solutions.

I also contact with my university to ask if they can change the method to display video or else and it needs them 7 business days to check & response back, so let see.

Oct 6, 2024 3:51 AM in response to duchung97vn

My customer confirmed the same on Friday. She said some Apple tech person didn’t like me saying they probably fixed some bug during the 18.1, but obviously there was some type of bug to make such a small release necessary.

if it came out so soon that would mean they were getting reports to be made aware, so why make my customer talk to them so many times and trying to send them back to the businesses being affected before saying that they were reviewing some reported issues using some websites.

Safari is blocking 3rd party session cookies - iPad Air M1 with iPadOS 18

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.