You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Macmini home theater system

mac mini (late 2014) on high sierra connected to sony bravia 75inch tv via HDMI.

Visio 5.1 (sound bar, sub and two speakers) connected to the TV via HDMi e arc.

If im watching the tv the sound is all good.

if i am watching a video / netflix through the mac mini the two small speakers dont work - just the sound bar and sub.

I have sniffed about for settings on both tv and mac and cant see anything obvious.

any ideas?

I would also like to increase the size of text / size of things on the mac so i can see tabs/text a little better, i have googled how to do that and the instructions dont line up with the options i get.

thanks

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 10:53 AM

1 reply

Sep 21, 2024 6:38 PM in response to om53

Maybe- your 2014 Mac mini supports hdmi + multichannel audio output, plus it has a digital output via the headphone jack… ( mini toslink) .. you can get an hdmi audio pass through extractor on Amazon that’ll give you at least an optical output… dunno on hdmi eARC… it was introduced in 2017 at the earliest, as for increasing size… you can sorta do that… finder prefs > increase font size, system prefs> accessibility… then go to system prefs> displays.. and hold down the “option” key while clicking on “displays”

just a a guess though

john b

Macmini home theater system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.