You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to use AssistiveTouch?

How can I use AssistiveTouch when I have no hand movement and I don't have a pointer device connected? I am a quadriplegic and use voice control to drive my iPad 11 pro

iPad Pro, iPadOS 18

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 8:27 PM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2024 8:17 PM in response to Maryellen99

Hi Maryellen99,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "How to use AssistiveTouch?"

"I am a quadriplegic and use voice control to drive my iPad 11 pro"

Am no expert in this area, yet your questions certainly deserve some response.

You are the one who is more expert with Voice Control. Will make a few suggestions below.

Apple Support has a video online that, if you haven't seen it, may be helpful to view:

How to use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone or iPad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4-NTg3QsE

Re: "I have no hand movement and I don't have a pointer device connected?

Apple Support articles:

See how to: Control iPad with the movement of your eyes - Apple Support

Eg: says:

"With Eye Tracking, you can control iPad using just your eyes. An onscreen pointer follows the movement of your eyes, and when you look at an item and hold your gaze steady or dwell, you perform an action, such as a tap. All data used to set up and control Eye Tracking is processed on device."

("You can also use a Made for iPhone (MFi) eye-tracking device to control iPad".)

Re: "How can I use AssistiveTouch when I have no hand movement and I don't have a pointer device connected?"

Use AssistiveTouch on iPad - Apple Support

Eg: says:

"With AssistiveTouch on iPad, you can adapt the touchscreen to fit your needs. If certain gestures don’t work for you, replace them with a tap or alternate gesture, or use a simple sound. You can also use AssistiveTouch when you need to press iPad buttons. You can use AssistiveTouch without any accessory or with a compatible adaptive accessory (such as a joystick)."

For help with Accessibility features:

You may want to reach out to Apple's Accessibility Support Team:

How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support

or

For more info / support / other contact options:

Apple's Accessibility Support Website :(NB: You can "Get Support" (online chat / phone / email etc.) from the link at the bottom of their website:)

Accessibility Support - Official Apple Support

or

If you want to provide feedback about an accessibility feature on an Apple product,

you can email the Accessibility team: accessibility@apple.com

All the best :-)

How to use AssistiveTouch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.