You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I'm unable to charge my iPhone 11 wirelessly after the iOS 18 update

Has anyone else had issues with wireless charging after the ios 18 update? My IPhone 11 wont charge wireless now even with my case removed.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 12:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2024 12:45 AM

My iPhone 13 after the update, iOS 18 does not want to charge the battery! Neither wirelessly, nor cable! Will a new update with a solution to the problems come out soon?

26 replies

Sep 29, 2024 2:55 PM in response to MummaB2

I had the same issue, but no more.

here are the steps I took:

1. I slapped the charger onto another iPhone, still on IOS 17, just to be sure it wasn’t a charger issue.
  2. I turned off the impacted phone, then transferred the charger to the back of it, while still active (indicator still on).
  3. The phone turned on automatically and the charger stopped shutting off.
  4. I removed it and tested in 3 more times, it doesn’t trip off anymore.

All you night need to do is just turn off the phone and wake it with the charger.

I hope that solves your problem too .

Oct 15, 2024 2:22 AM in response to MummaB2

Hi. Since last update, my iPhone 13 won’t charge neither with official Apple cable nor wireless charger. I have tried whatever solution Found on the net but nothing works…. Don’t even know how I could possibly download an hypothetical update that would eventually cure the problem now… bought this iPhone few months ago. Frustrating

I'm unable to charge my iPhone 11 wirelessly after the iOS 18 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.