You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

No keyboard or mouse after Sequoia upgrade

Mac Mini M1. Just upgraded to Sequoia 15 last night. I use a KVM switch to bounce between my Windows PC and the Mac. (In other words...I'm using a standard wired Windows kbd.) I reconnected a wired Apple keyboard and mouse in order to "get control". I have booted in Safe mode...did not help (with both the KVM and Apple kbd/mouse connected.) Trying to boot into Safe mode with just the KVM does not work because it does not recognize the required Shift key press to enter Safe mode.

In System settings where it allows you to select a keyboard (I forget exactly which sub-section) my only choice is "Apple keyboard". I have full control when I have the Apple kbd/mouse connected...nothing via the KVM. I've been using the KVM for well over a year now with no issues...even having done a previous OS upgrade.

Any ideas?

Mac mini, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 9:58 AM

2 replies

No keyboard or mouse after Sequoia upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.