You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Calendar app of iPhone 15 Plus on iOS 18 draining battery

After updating my iPhone 15 Plus to iOS 18, the calendar app can’t stop working in the background. I have:

1. Restarted the phone
  2. Changed the sync from All to just 1 month
  3. Deleted the app and reinstalled it after restarting
  4. Closed the app

Not sure what else to do. Please help.

iPhone 15 Plus, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 10:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 1:42 PM

I use my phone for work. I ended up removing my accounts from the Mail and the Calendar app. Since I use Outlook and Office for work, I am now using the Outlook app as both my mail and calendar app, I have not had any problems ever since.

I tried removing and reading my Watch, that didn’t work.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2024 1:42 PM in response to OpsDummy

I use my phone for work. I ended up removing my accounts from the Mail and the Calendar app. Since I use Outlook and Office for work, I am now using the Outlook app as both my mail and calendar app, I have not had any problems ever since.

I tried removing and reading my Watch, that didn’t work.

Oct 18, 2024 9:25 AM in response to OpsDummy

I have been having the same issue, and I wanted to come on here to offer what (hopefully) worked for me. After looking around online and finding people who had similar issues in the past with other updates, I found a few posts to do with the calendar backup activity that were solved by unpairing your watch and pairing it again (I upgraded from a version 6 watch to a version 10 which is why I had to upgrade to ios 18). I know that sounds unrelated, but I have been willing to try almost anything since my battery was down to 30% by 9am the past 2 mornings with very limited usage. Almost all was calendar background activity. This morning, I unpaired my watch and paired it again. Right now it is 11:25 am and my battery is at 88%--I charge to 95%. If it doesn't hold out, I will respond to update. I hope this helps someone!

Calendar app of iPhone 15 Plus on iOS 18 draining battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.