You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HomePod playing music without prompt

I have two HomePods—one in the lounge and one in the bedroom. A few months ago, the bedroom HomePod started randomly playing music without any prompts. When I asked it to stop, it would, but then start playing again after a few minutes. I even muted it, but the volume would rise on its own and start playing again.

I thought the issue was because the HomePod was used (bought it on eBay), so I replaced it with a brand-new HomePod Mini. However, the new one also started randomly playing music and adjusting the volume by itself. Meanwhile, my lounge HomePod works fine.

The bedroom HomePod is placed next to my PlayStation, as it’s the easiest spot for me. I’ve tried restarting, removing and re-adding it to my Home setup, and ensuring I’m on the latest iOS version, but nothing has worked. I’ve searched online but can’t find a solution. Since I’m physically disabled, unplugging the HomePod is difficult.

Could the PlayStation placement be causing interference? Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 4:58 AM

There are no replies.

HomePod playing music without prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.