You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music and Multiple Devices

Can a single Apple user ID with Apple Music and iTunes Match play music on their iPad and iPhone simultaneously?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 7:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 8:11 AM

Yes, it is possible. Apple allows you to use your Apple Music subscription across multiple devices as long as they are signed in with the same Apple ID. However, the music libraries are synced across devices, so the same content is accessible on both, but each device can play its own selection at the same time without interference. This applies to both streaming from Apple Music and accessing your uploaded music through iTunes Match.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2024 8:11 AM in response to MoMac55

Yes, it is possible. Apple allows you to use your Apple Music subscription across multiple devices as long as they are signed in with the same Apple ID. However, the music libraries are synced across devices, so the same content is accessible on both, but each device can play its own selection at the same time without interference. This applies to both streaming from Apple Music and accessing your uploaded music through iTunes Match.

Sep 24, 2024 8:21 AM in response to nickyyw

That is good news and information, how would I go about making it actually happen? I'm not tech illiterate or all thumbs, but I tried selecting different music on my iPhone while listening to music on my iPad and as sound as I selected for the music to play I received the error message "You've Reached Your Device Limit" and the playing on the iPad ceases. Thanks for your attention in this matter, and your exercise of patience with my novice experience. - MoMac55

Apple Music and Multiple Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.