You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can anyone please tell me the original default colors, all three levels, for email replies?

Mac Mini. OS: Big Sur, version 11.7.10

I made the mistake of changing the colors for the three reply levels in my email account. I read about it and realized how helpful it could be in my sorting (plus I thought colors I like would be fun). It was easy to change and worked great for about a year, but then started screwing up. First, two replies would run together, all in the same color, so it looked like one long reply. That meant all the earlier replies, below that, were "wrong" colors. That problem kept growing, and now it rarely attempts colors at all. Everything in the chain is in black ink.

I can't find a way to fix it. My last resort is to change back to the default colors, in the hope Mail can at least handle that. However, I haven't been able to find the default colors listed anywhere. I'm pretty sure the first one is blue, but am not sure after that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mac mini, macOS 11.7

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 12:38 PM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2024 1:27 PM in response to varjak paw

I'm trying to find Apple's original default colors for the three reply levels. Your suggestion will not work because I changed the colors myself several years ago, and the original default colors no longer show. I'm trying to change them back to the original defaults in the hope of correcting a problem. (More info in my original post, if you're interested.) After searching online and Apple website, I cannot find a list of those original colors. I believe the first one was blue, but would certainly be grateful if anyone can tell me the other two.

Can anyone please tell me the original default colors, all three levels, for email replies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.