You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Multiple Prompts for Other iCloud Accounts during upgrade

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased via the pre-order and upgraded from my iPhone 12 mini to the iPhone 16 Pro through AT&T (at home). During the transfer of data between devices (not using iCloud, but direct device-to-device transfer), I ran into something that raised some concerns.

After signing into my personal iCloud account on the new iPhone, I started getting multiple prompts asking for passwords for different iCloud accounts that I’ve never used. The message said something like:

“Your other device includes purchases from the iTunes Store that were made with a different account. Enter the account password for [example@email.com] to restore these purchases.”

I received about six different prompts with different email addresses asking for passwords, which was concerning because both my previous iPhone 12 mini (purchased new at an AT&T store) and my new iPhone 16 Pro (pre-ordered from AT&T) are brand new devices tied to my personal account only.

I’ve seen posts in various communities about this issue, but there’s no clear explanation. Should I be worried about these prompts? Why is this happening with a new phone setup?

Any help or clarification would be appreciated!

Thanks!

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 16 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 3:51 PM

1 reply

Multiple Prompts for Other iCloud Accounts during upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.