You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Voice control glitchy slow Errors after update to iPad iOS 18.0

I am a person with physical disabilities. I rely upon voice control to navigate on my iPad. After the update to iOS 18.0 Voice control malfunctioned – Specifically:

1. The voice response is sometimes not every time but often very delayed, so delayed that I check to see if the voice control is even on. Or the voice control doesn't work at all when it is turned on. Zero response.

2. The swipe up / Down command is broken –no longer moves an entire Page. It swipes only a few lines, exactly the same as the pan command. The scroll up/down command moves a little bit more than a page; so now my workaround to advance one page is to scroll Down and then pan Down command. So I have to go forward and backwards to try to go to the next page of whatever it is I'm reading.

3. Voice Control generally has a hard time recognizing common words that I have used before and as I mentioned previously sometimes doesn't recognize me at all.

4. I have been (Voice control detected "I have been" Spacetop quote tap quote “How many” unable to advance to the next line here is what I get when I tried different commands: Press return Top enter enter return Press return top return tap return Advance to the next line. Generally having difficulty with press tap enter commands. Instead of executing the command the computer simply repeats what I said as I mentioned above.

It would be so nice if Word)Apple you could Address these and other issues that I am having. Enter

With kindest regards,

Nancy

iPad Pro, iPadOS 18

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 6:12 PM

3 replies

Voice control glitchy slow Errors after update to iPad iOS 18.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.