You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

homepod issue

After updating my Homepods,(2 homepods stereo pair) iPhone, AppleTV, and Homepod minis x 6, I hear a crackling while playing music on Homepods. Not continuous, but appears, then goes away, then back.

The minis, until last night didn't have this issue, but now both HomePods and a mini have this crackling when playing music. The sound is similar to a loose wire.

Additionally, last night when I attempted to change from one song to the next, I got a sound like the music was stuck. The HomePod played a short sequence over and over very quickly like a DJ would repeat the phrase over and over quickly. Very weird.

I am also experience the HomePods dropping the sound, sometimes both, but mostly one will drop, then the music will return and then the other...back and forth.

Before the updates, I had none of these issues.

What I've done in an attempt to fix the issues:

1. Restarted all the speakers
  2. Unpaired the Homepods, repaired them.
  3. Unplugged all the speakers for 20 mins, restarted, reset.
  4. Changed my phone from 2.4ghz to 5, same issue.
  5. Removed speakers from Appletv.

HomePod, 18

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 6:21 AM

1 reply

homepod issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.